Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hour 15 minutes
4-5 pound whole chicken - 1 ea
Unsalted butter, melted - 1/4 cup
Olive oil - 3 tbsp
White wine - 1/4 cup
Lemon juice - 1 tbsp
Tex mex seasoning - 1 tbsp
Fresh chopped parsley - 2 tbsp
Garlic cloves, minced - 4 ea
Head of garlic roughly peeled and cut in half horizontally through the middle crosswise - 1 ea
Fresh Jalapeno, sliced - 2 ea
Maple syrup - 2 tbsp
1. Preheat oven to 430°F.
2. In a mixing bowl, mix together the olive oil, wine, lemon juice, tex-mex seasoning, minced garlic and chopped parsley. Pour the marinade over the chicken, under the skin and inside the cavity.
3. Stuff the garlic head, sliced jalapeno into the chicken cavity along with the squeezed lemon halve. Tie legs together with kitchen string.
4. Place breast-side down into baking tray or roasting pan. Roast for 1 hour and 15-20 minutes, basting half way through cooking time with the melted butter and maple syrup, until juices run clear when chicken thigh is pierced with a skewer. Flip the chicken, breast facing up
5. Baste with butter and maple syrup, then broil for a further 2-3 minutes, until golden.
6. Remove from the oven, cover with foil and allow to stand for 10 minutes before serving. Serve, drizzled with pan juices.